Welcome In...

Welcome In...
Coach Howard And I are Happy You're Here...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oprah- 1, Lewis- 0

I will even the score with the Queen of All Media, I'm not sure how, but maybe one day:

So here's what happened:

I'm sure by now we've all heard that Elizabeth Taylor died. Well, as we do in TV News, we look for a local angle. How do we take the topical story of the day, the most talked about watercooler type event, and make it important to local audiences.

Ok, sometimes these stories are a stretch. BUT... in this case we actually have a legit local tie.



A guy named William Pawley was Elizabeth Taylor's first fiance. ((he's the man in the picture above)) He lives in the Jacksonville area now... is 90 years old... and has a book out about his life with Liz. But ultimately she said she wouldn't marry him, because she didn't want to move to Jacksonville.

Yikes. Heart broken.

So as I'm heading out the door to go interview this gentleman... his daughter calls and says, "Uh, we can't do the interview anymore."

Turns out Winfrey got word of this guys story and wants to have him on her show. And that's awesome... but apparently Oprah doesn't like to share, and told the little old man that they'd interview him, as long as he doesn't do any interviews with local media.

Now he's out.

I guess Oprah's millions and millions of eyeballs are more appealing to him.

But, what tha?? I mean... huh? I just lost a story to the most powerful person on the planet. How often does this ever happen? I talk to the oldest man in news (kidding) in this week's Turner Loose video:



Mike Lyons is hilarous. I'll have much more with him in future blogs, he's my desk neighbor.

Anyway this allows for a smooth transition into what I am actually working on for tonight...

Jason Sadler-
1. Lives in Ponte Vedra
2. Created his own business in 2009
3. Wears t-shirts for a living... and it seems like he makes a pretty decent living doing it...

Here's a sneak peek:



So watch at 11... there's no excuse... this guy's interesting, and you may learn something to help you make millions.

Mahalo,
LewTurner

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/LewTurner

No comments:

Post a Comment