Welcome In...

Welcome In...
Coach Howard And I are Happy You're Here...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Jet Ski > TV Camera




Just a basic mathmatical fact.

Jet ski will always trump TV camera when it comes to anything... but especially when we're talking high school career fair.

And that's our topic today... West Nassau High School Career Fair.

vs.


 Leave it to the sheriff's office to bring a daggum waverunner that they use to chase down drug dealers and turtle smugglers.

Meanwhile, my table (the one on the right) has a hodgepodge of things I use on a daily basis that is only interesting to a handful of folk. Camera, laptop bag, a pen and some duct tape.

I actually use duct tape on pretty much every story I do, I thought it would be a nice touch.

It wasn't.

The zoo brought a baby komodo iguana or something, and the army was there actually having kids doing pushups.



Meteorology isn't nearly as cool as being yelled at by a solider just before heading to Art class with the hippy teacher.

But there were a couple glimmers of hope in my day... some sophomores were nice enough to ask me some questions...

Photographic evidence:


Yes, i know I look like a dirtbag here... it was very early. I work nights. I'm never awake before 10am, this photo was taken at 8:45am.

Anyway, the point of this rant is to inject a little reality into our youth. Here's what I mean:




This is the worksheet the kids had to fill out in order to get extra credit or something.

And this is a true story:

A group of young ladies walked up to me and asked me to answer question "C".

So while I paused to think, they put pen to paper prepared to write down a verbatim answer.

"I'm not going to get specific," I told them, "But I make between $3 and 4 million a year."

Without skipping a beat, without looking up to question my answer, they wrote down "between $3 and 4 million a year" said thanks, and then walked away.

I felt terrible for telling such a lie... and they had dissappeared into the crowd before I had a chance to tell them I was totally kidding... BUT... come on now, that answer should have at least garnered an eye brow raise, or a "Really? Are you serious?" ... but no.

I was hoping they would call me a liar to my face... maybe they hadn't had their tater tots yet.

HA... that was hilarious to me. In reality, I probably won't make that much in two lifetimes... it's no secret TV folk aren't the highest paid people in the world (though, you can do really really well, and I'm holding out hope still.)

-------------

I'll be live tonight from Amelia Island where they're auctioning off some cars. Very very expensive cars. One is apparently worth $6 million, which would make most blink a couple times, maybe not those two young ladies from earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment