Welcome In...

Welcome In...
Coach Howard And I are Happy You're Here...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Cougars... and Outtakes... nuff said...

There's nothing more boring in the world than city/county council meetings. NOTHING!

However, as good stewarts (or stewards... or is it stuarts? i don't know, who cares?) of the community the news needs to keep folks in the know when it comes to issues in county/city council chambers.

And there's nothing I hate more than sitting through one of those meetings or going through those documents.

HOWEVER... every so often an issue pops up that totally kicks that argument in the shins. And tonight I get a good taste of one of those issues.

Here's the dollar version:

There is a woman in St. Johns County who has been running a non-profit animal rescue mission since 2000. And since 2008 a couple neighbors have complained about the noise one of her animals has been making.

I know what you're thinking... a noise ordinance issue is more of a sedative than a lavender bubble bath (which will come full circle in a moment, bear with me).

However, the animal the neighbors are complaining about is a lion, and the noise it makes is a roar.

The woman's name is Deborah and she runs the St. Augustine Wild Reserve. She takes in abandoned wild cats and animals.

Apparently every once and a while her lion will roar... which i didn't hear during my visit... and that upsets a couple people.

Though she insists most neighbors don't mind.

"Many of my neighbors actually come volunteer with me and help me do feedings with the animals," she told me during our interview today.

Her website is hilarious... i mean it's informative... but there's a funny section as well, which brings us full circle, as promised!

TIGERS IN BUBBLE BATHS... she gives them a nice relaxing bath... neat pics... click to see

So, apparently the lion is noisy... will she get fined when he roars... watch at 11.

I know that's lame, but it gives a purpose to my day I guess.

Anyway, here a quick anecdote:

Deb has a couple cougars. I assume many folks out there are aware of the new slang term "cougar" and what it refers to. If you aren't familiar, ask your 12-year-old son, your husband or the next guy you run into on the street.

So, Deb took me to see a couple of her cougars... and every time she'd say "cougar" I'd chuckle like a moron.
I'm pathetic.

Anyway... here's a little taste of what's going on tonight: some lion and tiger video: Sorry, no Mike Lyons tonight... he already left.




Mahalo,
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment