Welcome In...

Welcome In...
Coach Howard And I are Happy You're Here...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seeing LIfe Through Texas Shaped Sunglasses...

That's how Shelley Cleaver sees it all.



This guy is legit from his hat to his boots. He had even had a large, shiney belt buckle commemorating the Mexican War.

This guy loves Texas.

We met in Jacksonville, Tx on a rather random note actually. Justin and I were working in the RV, and he walked right up and knocked on the window.

I'm not one to brush off a guy in Texas sunglasses, so I got out and started to chat. As you may imagine, he had a few stories to share with me.

We hung out for at least 45 minutes, sitting on the bleachers of the local high school football stadium (the subject of my next blog). 

He spoke for 44:30 of that time, I got in about 5 words. Nice fella, and one heck of a character as well.

Travelers note: We're now in Arkansas, I'm going to recap a little Texas action, post a few more pictures, and say goodbye to the Lone Star State in the next blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am desperately seeking to find Texas Shaped Sunglasses!!! I had a pair a while back and they broke. They meant A LOT to me!! As I am originally from Chicago...and now have been living in Texas 8 years. They are very special to me. Need to find a new pair again!! Please advise...anywhere I can find them???? Susan Sims Goldfishsu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete